body shop info

I just got the Scout out of the body shop after its first major cancer
treatment.  I had them put in all new body mounts (poly), the two-piece
cab mounts in the front, and patch panels for the quarters.  The body guy
ended up welding in new metal for the floors because he had to attach the
cab mounts to something.  He also had to extend new metal past the patch
panels on the quarters, because they were too small.  He welded a piece
that connects the quarters to the rockers also.  Before, you could pull on
the quarter and the whole truck would shake like jello.

Anyway, he had it two weeks longer than planned, but he stuck to his
original estimate - $600 less parts.  All the parts I got from Super
Scouts.

He said the next thing to look at would be the cab mounts behind the front
seat, under the shelf.  Has anyone done this?

It used to be really scary when you pulled up the vinyl and could see the
road.  It feels a little better now, but now I just get scared about all
the money I have put into it (and will continue to).

Just thought I would pass this on, as we all seem to be battling the rust
demon.

Bill Wisser