POR-15

I have been following the discussions on rust prevention for a while, and
did some surfing to get more infor on POR-15. It sounds pretty good, but I
am a bit leery of the price tag. I  ran across their web page, and on it
found an offer for a trial rust prevention kit for $10. I ordered one and
it showed up the next day- I was quite surprised. Anyway, it has some of
their Metal-Ready etch, a small jar of paint, gloves, brushes, and limited
instructions. I suppose it's not bad for 10 bucks, and I can try it on a
section without being out $200 for a gallon. If anybody wants to try one,
their number is 1-800-457-6715. BTW, I have no affiliations with these
guys, etc. etc.

I'd be interested in hearing from the guys (or gals) who have used this
stuff on thier rigs. Their catalog claims some pretty amazing things -
paint over rust, no chipping, fills holes, smoothes over pock marks, - even
julliannes fries. has anybody used it and had it on for enought years to
know if it works? I don't mind spending the bucks if it works, but I don't
want to cover my baby with snake oil.

Thanks in advance for the info.

John Staub
'79 scout II 'Sierra' 345,727,stock