RE: welded vs: bolted half-cab top ***THE ASNWER**

Devin,

I too have a '65 Scout 80 that came with a half-cab top.
Mine seems to be a little different than yours in that
my 65 DOES have the welded bulkhead. The day I purchased
this scout, I removed the half-cab (and am trying to sell
it if anyone is interested) because I will be using this
vehicle in Arizona, and am only going to use a bikini top
on it... The top is as you describe as far as securing to
the windsheild. It bolts directly to the top of the wind-
sheild frame with 7 or 8 bolts....

John Townley
San Diego, CA
'65 Scout 80