	Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 01:08:24 EST
	From: Mallinson1 <Mallinson1@domain.elided>
	Subject: Speedometer "Bounce"

	I installed a new speedo cable last night and last night it
worked great.
	Today, however it bounced so wildly at speeds under 30 that I
couldn't tell
	what speed I was travelling.  The bounce is accompanied by a
"sching, sching"
	sound that resembles coins in your pocket.  I was careful not to
kink the
	cable and it is routed the same as the old one was.  There is a
4" diameter
	bend just before the cable passes through the firewall to the
cab.  I cleaned
	the old, gunky receptacles and carefully lubed the cable in
accordance to the
	directions.  Suggestions?

	Thanks,
	Steve Mallinson