Master Leaks

>>Anyhow.. it now appears the master cylinder is leaking (interesting >note:
>>it was replaced the day before I bought the Scout).  It's not leaking
>>where I would expect it to (output tubes, or the prop valve), but it
>>appears to be leaking at the top.. between the tightly clamped "lid" >and
>>the main m/c unit.
>
>I too have the leak through the master cylinder lid seal, I think
>everyone does. I would like to hear from someone who has fixed it.
>
>Bryan

My master was leaking at the exact same place. When i went to buy a new top
lid seal
the complete master was less than $20 more, I did the swap out thinking I
would
get the new master and stop the leak as well... Wrong, it still leaked.
After some examination it appeared the lid was not compressed enough to
seal tightly.
I then removed the metal piece that swings over the top and increased the
angle
of the bends so that when it was pulled over the top it would pull down harder
on the lid, thus retaining the fluid.
This has slowed the leak that would actually have drops hanging from the
bottom of
the master to a seep that never actually leaks down, just leaves a slight
discoloration
around the top of the lid.
I also try to seat the lid on the exact same place it was previously
compressed,
after my fluid checks, making sure the contact areas are clean etc.. (duh?)
This is working after almost 3 years.

Tony