Jacks (sort of)

Greetings,
J. Landry made the observation:
> It amazes me how people I stop to help have no
>jack, no lug wrench (or one that doesn't fit) and an almost flat spare
>tire.
Last night on my way home (in my 77 SS II) I saw one of those "runt" cars (Honda, Geo,??) with the rear end held up by a 5 gallon plastic bucket! one of the rear tires was missing (no spare) but there was a handyman jack laying on the ground.  One out of three is not even close and can lead to some dangerous situations. So as we hit the road for the holidays make sure the spare has air and all the tools are still in your rig. Lets be safe.

Happy Holidays,
Willy
77 SS II (Highlift jack, 3 inch tow strap, shovel, 4  way lug wrench, tire chains, extra water, food, sleeping bags, first aid kit, CB radio, lots of tools, and a healthy respect for our Wyoming winter)