Potato Guns

Okay, I know this is off-topic, but I my curiousity will not be contained!
What the hell is a potato gun?!

   there wasn't any spuds in there.. but I was having a hard time just
   > getting the hairspray to ignite..
   Tom,
   I use Carb cleaner for propellant in my spud gun, just make sure you get
   the kind that has propane for propellant, not CO2. Berkible 2+2 works
   great. I used a gas grill ignitor and a sparkplug for ignition.
After reading several posts on this subject, I'm starting to get the
picture, but I want details (read: instructions on how to build one, even
though I'm way too old for this kind of crap).  I can't believe I made it
through my mischievous adolescence, never knowing that such an invention
was available.  Think of the missed opportunities...

rob