Re: Onboard Air

Tom Mandera wrote:

> Just wondering how the stock Scout II York compressor converted into an
> on-board air system compares to a "conventional" air compressor.

Tom,
My brother, who does a lot of mechanical work on site for people, had a
pretty neat rig in his '70's wagoneer: he took a small (2hp) 110v
aircompressor and tank and mounted it in the back. He then ran a air
line to the stock airconditioning compressor and ran a wire from the
aircompressor's pressure cutoff switch to the electric clutch on the A/C
compressor.  It would automatically pump up and cut off when he started
the engine, or if was going to be some where for a while, he could run
an extension cord to the 110 motor still on the compressor. He also had
both the wire to the clutch and the airline on disconnects so he could
remove the air compressor.
Eric Walter