CA Smog & That Speedo Cable/Vacume Gadget/EMS

I held up my end of the bargain with my wife and finished
my last remodel on the house job a few weeks ago.
Sunday I got to play with the Scout again for the first time
in a few months.

I was checking the SMOG stuff because I think I will still
need to smog it when I register it. The Scout is a '72 with
a 258 I-6, T-18, and EMS (Engine Modification System) not
an air pump.  This corresponds with the SMOG sticker on
the inside of the hood on the drivers side.  (Thanks whoever
sent me the paperwork on this several months ago)  It has a
gadget (lets call it the EMS box) that the speedo cable from
the transfer case connects to and another cable running
from the top of it to the speedometer.  One vacuum hose
runs from this gadget to the intake manifold and another
vacuum hose is plugged up.

I have two questions.  What does the second hose connect
to? And where can I find a new EMS box?  The threaded
portion that the speedo cable from the transfer case bolts
to is broken off.  I'm going to see if I could connect the two
cables together and bypass the EMS box but if I need to
SMOG the Scout I will need a new box.

Any ideas?  I know this was discussed on the digest a
while back and the information is out there.  That's what
made me go looking for the thing.