Hot Patching Blower Motors

>>In Scout II's, the blower motor turns clockwise AS VIEWED LOOKING AT THE END
OF THE OUTPUT SHAFT.<<
I know how the old motor turned, but NAPA couldn't tell me for certain that
the new one also turned the same direction.  There were two possible fans as a
replacement, clockwise and counter.  I bought the one that matched my old fan.

>>Are you saying you want to bypass your current wiring altogether, or you
just
want to test the blower?.... If it's just a temporary test you had in mind...
yes, no problem... <<
I deal with temporary power installations as part of my day job, so I wouldn't
leave a circuit unprotected as a permanent fix.  I didn't know if the hi/lo
switch protected the blower at all.  It turns out (no pun intended) the motor
rotates clockwise and I have the right squirrel cage.  The battery jump
worked.

Thanks,
Steve
62 C100 PU, heat soon.