Re:cold Binder motors.

John L, and all:

Also live here in a temporarily cold Western Washington.  Since my
"Winter front" has not arrived in the mail, I resorted to the old
cardboard in front of the radiator.  About 2/3 of the 3 core radiator
blocked off.  Works great for the short trips and even the 30 mile
commute if I get bored of the bus.
Last Saturday I hooked up the boat to move it.  Drove for about 3 miles
and had to make adjustments in the cardboard.  The 345 just started to
work a little bit, towing the 1800+ # boat.  Just more examples of the
big binder (truck) motors are designed for a larger job than pulling a
scout or light line truck around.   Once you shut the truck down it sure
cools off quick.   Dang headers suck all the heat out of the block. :-)

****SNOW RUN*****

The Northwest Binders will be having a snow run January 17th to Green
Mountain.  Meet at Granite Falls Pacific Pride Gas station ready to
leave at 10:00 AM.  All Binders with tow hooks front and rear and a
strap are welcome.  Bring warm clothing, extra food, ect.

Rob Marks
NW Binders