Re: Lift kit report

         Baffled, I called Terry Hankins from Navistar (he was w/ the IH
     racing
     devision) and he said this "grinding" in 4WD was normal and is
     harmless and caused by the driveshaft angle.  If this is the case, I
     should be able to add shims on the front to compensate...but shouldn't
     my kit have told me that?

          If you (or anyone else) are experiencing any similar problems let
     me know what you've tried.  Also, does anyone know how big of tires I
     can fit under my truck (Terra w/ 4" suspension lift)?

     Thanks!!
     Tom
     Wellington/Columbus, OH

        Tom,
        Thanks for the input.  I'll let you & everyone else know what
     happens.  Unfortunately, my Scout sat for a few months (I was sent to
     Texas for October & November for work, and I came home to winter
     cold...), so now my battery is beyond charging.  Hopefully over the
     weekend I'll get to tinker a little more - it's much better doing
     these things in daylight.  I just want to get this finished before we
     actually start to get any real winter weather!

        Joe C.
        Eastern PA