Re: Sunoco & gas prices

On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Steve Stegmann wrote:

> Yeah Tom I remember paying $0.19/gal for regular when I was in high
> school.  My 70 Mustang would only run on Sunoco 260 for $0.37/gal.  I
> bet nobody except John H. even knows what Sunoco 260 was.  Do you???

I remember the old Sunoco pumps with the selector on the side for about
6 different grades of gas.  I always wondered if there were _really_
that many different kinds there.

But the cheapest gas I remember was $0.259, when I was 5 or 6 years old!
I filled up yesterday for $1.019, the cheapest it's been here (Eugene,
Oregon) in quite a while.  Only a month or two ago it was $1.199.

Daniel Youngquist / dany@domain.elided / 541-688-9263 // VISA & MasterCard
*HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS                    http://www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
 Grain mills, water filters, quality simple-lifestyle & outdoors products
*INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE  Computer Memory  http://www.teleport.com/~dany
"'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is
 the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt, 1783