Re: ihc-digest V5 #211

>John,
>I've reengineered the brake bleeding device,  Here are the changes so that
>you
>won't have to get up and check the fluid.  ( make note..I have more junque
>parts laying around than I do money [ex-wife] ) I put the plate on the
>milling
>machine and cut a groove an 1/8 th of an inch deep and 3 inches long on the
>bottom side of the plate. That is so fluid will travel to both reservoirs in
>the master cylinder. In the threaded hole i put a 1/4 x close nipple, then a
>quater inch ball valve, after a lot of hunting I found another nipple, two
>1/4" x 1 1/2" bell reducers, and a piece of 1 1/2 pipe about 9 inches long
>put all this top of the plate and put my air coupling in the very top. This
>gave me a reservoir for brake fluid and a valve to turn off so i won't spill
>too much.   Maybe this contraption will help you bleed the whole system (?)
>I love solving problems like this...maybe that's why I do it for a living!
>
>Tim Smith

Tim,
Sounds good to me. I like the valve at the bottom of the reservoir too so
that you can get your device off with out draining the tank. Must look a
little strange when in place, but it sounds as if it couldn't help but
work.
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"