Tom's four link suspension.

	Come on Tom!  Is that you??  The one with the wild ideas?  With an
imagination like yours, you should be able to picture the workings and
theory behind a four link suspension.  The axle wrap is completely snubbed,
the axle cannot rotate.  With two parallel links at each end of the axle
tube (just inside the yokes), the axle is can not spin.  With a four link
setup, there is a fifth link.  The fifth goes parallel to the axle, from
the axl to the frame to locate it under the truck.  Actually, I had a
different idea, if you had one set of links on top of the axletube close to
center, then going back in a V shape to the frame rails, then another set
of links on the bottom, but they meet in the center of the frame rails
underneath and go out to the yokes in an opposing V, that would locate the
axle and without the locating 5th link.  The more I visualize that, I think
it might work.  I have never seen it used though.  I've looked at how
different racing vehicles optimize suspension for application, but have
never seen that.  I think there is GM passenger car that uses this on the
back axle, maybe on old grand prix's or something.

Think Tom, Think!;)
Layda
Tark '77 Terra 345/T19/d20