Glasspack Mufflers

Tom Mandera wrote:

>Just wondering if things would quiet down at all with a 30" muffler.. or do
>I want to find a "regular" muffler, and can I find one that's narrower than
>the "typical" muffler?

The 30" muffler would be somewhat quieter. It's 20 percent longer then the
25" muffler, but I doubt very much that it will be 20 percent quieter. If
you're not running a tail pipe that will also make it louder. I tried a
cherrybomb glasspack once on a beater car and within an year it was much
louder. Glasspacks are not a good value, as they don't last. But they do
have a nice rumble. :-)  I would try a cheap turbo muffler. Jegs has a
Thrush Turbo that measures 4.25"x9"x14" (2.25 inlet) for $17.

Darrel Kline
Colorado Springs