Altitude around leadville.

Since I have a friend living in Leadville I asked him about some of the
heights in and around the town.  I have taken my stock 79 scout from sea
level to this mountain town.  The strange thing was it would idle at 300
rmp.  Not sure if turning over the air cleaner cover over would have
helped this problem.  If I get out there again with the truck I can try
the experiment.

When I vist out there I read about the mining which occurred in early
leadville history, 1800 hundred time frame.  Not knowing much history
about the newer climax mine, I didn't realize they had worker housing
right at the mine.  Most miners I thought lived in leadville, tell me
more Willie.

So here is some places I've driven my truck, up at high alt.

Camped at tree line up Mt. Zion (12,126), which was North of town.
Hiked to the peak, could have driven there also from the camp site.

Moved over to restored cabin which is up
 California gulch.   The varmints kept me up alot of the night, they
live under the cabin.   Could have used a gun  to take care of the noisy
critters.
> > > Altitude
> >
> > ~11,700-11,850

The contential  divide passes West of town through Independance,
Hagerman,
Tennessee, Freemont and then North-east to the Eisenhower tunnel.
Although Mosquito Pass is the highest (13120+/-) it is not on the
Divide.