Re: Thanks again Howard

>The internal bypass oil pump, 448 662 C91, was judged to reduce the loss
>of pressure enough to eliminate most of the complaints, although it
>appears that aeration and even pressure loss could still occur with
>sustained high speed driving. I believe 448 662 C91 was put into
>production as it is the oil pump listed in the MT-130 parts book, so if
>you replaced the pump, you should have the internal bypass pump.  I don't
>know that any other changes were made to fix the problem.
>
>Beyond this, reducing the height of the axle hump in the pan by 3/4"
>(probably practical only if you have lifted your Scout) and brazing a
>piece of tubing from the front sump to the rear to act as a siphon
>increased the oil return.  One of the field fixes used when the problem
>was occurring was to overfill the crankcase by 1 quart so there was more
>oil to draw from.
>
>Howard Pletcher
>Howteron Products Scout Parts

I ask you, who would know this kind of stuff except Howard. Next time my
pan is off it's getting a bypass from one sump to the other. Howard, you
are a treasure. Thank you.
John Hofstetter

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Founder of DARK  "DRIVERS AGAINST RIDICULOUS KRAP"
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"