starting

mike,
   I had a problem just like this on my 71. When I would start the thing
it would usually start the first time. After it ran for a little while,
like a minute, if it stalled I was screwed. I couldn't restart it, the
starter sounded like it was stuck on something, real slow turn over. I
pulled the battery and had it tested, it was fine. So, I finally broke
down and pulled the starter and put in an old one I had in the garage.
That fixed it right up.

                       Dan Nees
              cookiedan@domain.elided
The only thing more addictive than International Harvester Vehicles is
Cocaine, but; only one is a legal substance. You figure out which one.