Re: Navistar/Ford connection

To those who are curious, Navistar is in the process of developing a new
Diesel engine for Ford. I am not sure what Ford is planning on using it
for, and franking I don't think that Navistar cares. Another interesting
tidbit that I have heard is that Navistar is rather close to a deal in
which GM would buy all of their diesel's from them instead of Cummins.
As for Navistar "reentering" the SUV market, I would love it, but don't
hold your breath. It looks as if the company has finally recovered, and
now it looks like engines are thier biggest growth areas. Anyway if we
were to see a new Scout it would deffinatly be exclusively diesel. If I
hear anything new I will defiantly put the word out.

David Nuenke
-wanting a Scout