Ford Ranger IH V8

Dan,

What a 'righteous ride that would be dude'!  Make mine a 392.  But to be
practical, and from my experience with Rangers:

I would say that you will have devil of a time getting that IH monster to
fit into the Ranger's engine bay.  Keep in mind that the IH V8 tips the
scales at over 700#.  This means that the Ranger's front suspension will
have to be seriously beefed.  WTH just swap in a ScoutII solid axle front
while you are at it, and box in the Ford frame.

OBTW - forget passing a smog check, if those sorts of things matter where
you live.  The ford mustang V8 makes a great conversion motor for the ranger
though.

You live in Charlotte, NC?  I pass through there every once in a while.

Ralph