74 Travelall, NEED ASSISTANCE!

to ihc,jmbrodsky@domain.elided
On Wed, 19 Aug 98,From: jmbrodsky@domain.elided wrote:

>When you sitch to points, what happens to the plug
>wire orientation?
>Do I take out the no.1 plug and look for TDC,
>then look at the disty rotor, and line up accordingly?  Need
>assistance on this one too!

If it runs reasonably well, don't muck with the timing.  You said
"All theplugs were dark black, like a very rich mixture..."  Right,
it's probably the carb.  But run it a while first.  They could be
black from being over-choked, not from running rich at operating temp.
Try making one adjustment (or vacumn hookup) at a time so you can see
the effect of each one.

Bob
77 Scout II
LIOR