lower gears (than 32:1 crawl)

Tom M. posted:

>Time to finish that Bronco gear swap, and a V8.... heck, I'm tempted to seek
>out a wide T19 if I put a V8 in... instead of 40:1 (w/ Bronco gears) I'd be
>at 63:1... just about right for finessing things..

You're right about Mike and his Bronco; 10 years gives you lots of time to
"perfect" things (when I wheeled with the Kelly's he had an auto in the
thing).

You might give thought to the TeraLow kit to be released next month. 3.5:1
for a 20. Just how similar is a jeep 20 to a Scout 20? I've got 20s in both
and a spare jeep 20 on the bench.

That ought to get your Scout into the upper 50:1s. The jeep will go 101:1.
Haven't figured out the gears for my wife's Scout yet.

Deja Fu: The feeling that somehow, somewhere, you've been kicked in the
head like this before.
Bob Deruy (mailto:BobXian@domain.elided)
http://www.off-road.com/~cc4wd