I'm back

Well, classes have started back up here at Purdue, so I am back.  I
re-subscribed on Monday, but have just now gotten around to reading the
digests that I have recieved since then.  17 credit hours between 5
classes, 3 of which will be a total PITA.  Woody plant ID, Organic chem,
and soil science.  Whoop-de-doo.  Anyway, on with the rest of the post.

Philmont (the Boy Scout ranch where I went backpacking) was great.  Did
about 90 miles in 11 days, saw a lot of cool things.  I *think* I saw a
white Scout II as we were leaving Kirkland AFB, but that was it until we
got to Philmont.  I figured I wouldn't see any there, because we wouldn't
be leaving the ranch.  Well, we were sitting there talking to our ranger
about first aid, and lo and behold, this Scout 800 pulls in!  Apparently
one of the staff memebers owned it.  I never did talk to the owner, though
I wish I would have been able to.  I got a few pictures.  I don't know
what year it was, though it did have back up lights.  My '66 doesn't.
Does anyone know when IH started putting back up lights on the 800's???
Howard??  And this Scout had that sticker some of you were talking about a
while ago.  About not removing the coolant because it was permanent (yes,
I _did_ pop the hood, only I had to fiddle with it to get it to open). So
they did put them in the 800's and not just the II's.  Anyway, I will post
the pic's if I ever get the time (yeah, right) to do something with my web
page.  The Scout had no visible rust, and even had a back seat that looked
original.  Had what appeared to a rubber bed mat in the back.  It looked
like it was in very good condition, except for the three holes in one of
the rear fenders where it looked like a tire carrier had been mounted.

Anyway, it is good to be back.  Steve Fischer, let me know how hard it is
to drop the gas tanks.  I need to do that with mine, but haven't tried to
figure out what needs to be done first.  Where did you get your roll bar
at??

Sorry about the bandwidth, but it isn't everyday that I see a near-perfect
Scout 800 in NM, since I live in IN!

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - gotta be out of the barn by the end of October
1965 Scout 80 - behind the barn, parts
1964 Scout 80 - more parts behind the barn