Re: yes, yes yes yes YESSS!!!

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998 08:42:00 -0400 (EDT) Chris & Ranae Procyk
<procyk19@domain.elided> writes:

>> The base Travelall was always one color.  To this you could add the
>> chrome side trim, still one color, or you could two-tone it, or add
the
>> woodgrain.  Maybe not in every year, but generally this is how I think
it
>> worked.  There seemed to be a lot of them that got the woodgrain,
however.

>When you say "you could add," do you mean the purchaser could actually
>specify or that they just built them different ways?  What I mean is
>that my LST lists "CUS EXT TRIM PKG-W/MSTR"-- I can't find anything
>more specific, so I supposed that this implied woodgrain.

I made it sound more user definable than it really was.  There would be
the standard exterior for which you would see nothing on the Lineset
Ticket.  Then there would be one or two exterior trim packages such as a
Custom and a Deluxe trim package, one of which might contain the
woodgrain.

 I do notice there is such a thing as "OMIT..." (such as OMIT CLUTCH &
>CONTROLS)... so maybe if I didn't want woodgrain there would be a line
>stating that.  Hmmm, maybe I could doctor my LST...
>
>These line-setting tickets are pretty fun, especially as they'll have
>one line item as "3 SPD AUTOMATIC" - which implies about a zillion
>different parts - yet there will be another item for "GLOVE
>COMPARTMENT LOCK."

There is some art to interpreting a Lineset.  Certain things are included
in the basic vehicle specs and have to be omitted if they aren't needed,
like the clutch.  This seemed to be the major omit item that I can think
of.  Woodgrain wasn't a standard, so it wouldn't be omitted.  In some
years, manual locking hubs on the Scout were standard and would not show
up on the Lineset--they were found in the front axle specifications.  But
Lockomatics would show up if they were ordered and if it were possible to
get no hubs those years, an omit code would be used.  The glove box latch
gets a line because it wasn't standard and the guy on the line needs to
be told to put it on if ordered.

>What I really can't figure out is why I'm so fascinated by all this.

It's a symptom of "The IH Syndrom" that is going around.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]