Methyline Chloride, Solenoid, Axle Wrap

Darrel ponders:

> On the other hand:  Thieves tend to be less then intelligent....maybe one
> will stand in front of the Scout and hit the pushbutton with the tranny
> still in gear <g>. I think I want one of those switches after all.

Hmmm, fun thought.  Unfortunately, they probably wouldn't notice the button
at all.  This sounds handy, thanks Doug for posting the number.   Now, how
to make it so nobody could ever start it unless I wanted them to?  Set my
(future) adjustable timing way off?  Get a manual choke, and hope a farmer
doesn't try to make off with it?  Tack weld my seat into position so that
only thieves of less than 5'5" could sit in it?  Put a fake hood release
lever under the grill that when pulled provides a friendly charge?  Put a
heavy-duty lock over the top of one of the pedal arms so that they couldn't
cut it?

Curt, the stuff that I used was Methalyne Chloride.  I can't remember the
company that sold it to me, and I threw out the can.  However, in my
experience 1/4 of the auto shops I called knew about it and could make
recommendations based on my application.  But I'd try the PB first, for
novelty sake if nothing else. ;-)

Sometimes I get a horrible bouncing/rumble when starting off the line.  It
feels like it might be an axle wrap affect (I'm just guessing here).  This
is with my Scout w the triangle lift.  This happens even when I am driving
pretty conservatively (and is probably one of the reasons that I am
developing some slow take off habits).  Any ideas on what could be causing
this?

Thanks,

Ken Farmer
1980 Scout II