'nother sad day...., and questions

Dan,

You are correct.  The little crank on the dash is for ventilation.  The
top of the windshield is hinged and by turning the crank the appropriate
direction it moves the bottom of the windshield in and out.

Dan Felix wrote

"But, there is an upside to this!  I saw my first KB-5.  The yard
markings
on the window said it was a '47.  The engine and tranny were still
there,
the interior was completely trashed, but the body wasn't in too bad of
shape.  What is the little crank on the dash for, anybody know??  I
figure
it is for something in the ventilation, but I could be wrong...."
--
Dennis C. Ogg
dcogg@domain.elided