Drop pitman arms

Bill,
  I remember talking about this at one of the seminars at the nats.  We were saying how the "Superlift" (Skyjacker has one too) drop pitman arm is too short to get full swing of the steering.  You said that a 3" drop arm for a mid 70's  full size Jeep (Wagoneer?) was the same spline and longer.  I'm I right about this?  I'm thinking of purchasing one for my 4" lift to help with steering geometrical differences.
---
Layda,
Tark '77 Terra 345/T19/D20
   Survivor of '98 Scout Nationals