Re: '76 Scout II Woes

In a message dated 10/4/98 3:30:33 AM Central Daylight Time, owner-ihc-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 02:30:50 -0500
 From: Jim <junglejim@domain.elided>
 Subject: '76 Scout II woes...

 Ok guys,

 You are the undisputed king of Scout knowledge (you know who i am talking
 to) that covers the opening line i use to enlist you into my fight to win
 the battle of my Scout.

 A few months ago as i was driving (waiting at a red light) my engine quit
 and would not start again, nearly a 1/2 can of ether was used to no damn use.

 Since then, after sitting in much rain and humidity without the top on, and
 one tire flat from sitting still so long, i got the time and more
 importantly the money to go and get it running.

 Needless to say but saying it anyway, i didn't get it running, and i need
 help.

 I have changed the roter, cap, plugs and wires, and all seems good.  NO
SPARK!
 I pulled the coil off an aforementioned Scout of my girlfriend, and put it
 on mine....NO SPARK!

I would be willing to bet you $100 that your electronic ignition module has
failed. This is commonly termed the  "gold box" and mounts on the center of
your fire wall directly behind the motor. You can order new ones from any of
the Scout shops or you can get one through your local parts store. Due to high
temperatures, especially sitting in traffic on hot asphalt, the boxes will
often fail. Try slapping a new one on there and see what it does.

Chris Rudd