Got a rollbar

Well, last night I got a rollbar for the 800.  I won't be mounting it to
the frame like I would have liked to, because the design of the bar won't
allow it.  I can't complain too much because it was free.  It will need a
little work (cutting and re-welding) to make it fit under the hardtop, but
it *should* fit.  I have no idea who made it, it was used and I don't even
know who originally had it.  I will be mounting it on the fenderwells, and
probably putting some backing plate underneath.  Anyone know what I need
to do to put it in??  I will hopefully be putting it in right behind the
seats, so do I need to drop the gas tanks??  I need to do that sometime
anyway, so if I do, I will install it when I drop those.  Oh, it is a
single bar that has a parallel support bar coming up from behind, kinda
like this:

 ___|
 |  |
 |  |
_|__|_

Kinda crude, but I hope you get the point.  The rear leg is about a foot
behind the main bar.  Any ideas on installation?   Thanks in advance.

Dan Felix
'66 Scout 800
'65 Scout 80 - parts
'64 Scout 80 - more parts