Re: 800 body swap

Dale, A couple years ago I did a body off restoration on my 66 800. The
body is easy to pull, since it is basically one piece. All the fuel and
brake lines mount to the body instead of the frame like a Scout II. One
could easily pull the radiator, steering column, clutch linkage and
disconnect a few lines and lift the tub off. A bunch off guys could do
this, buta couple cherry pickers would make it real easy. Run a 4x4
across the rear inner fenders where the hardtop bolts on, and a strap or
chain to a cherry picker. In the front run one down the the body mount
under the radiator and pull it off.

Nick