Torsion bar cranking

I cranked my torsion bars up- quite a bit past stock-
many years ago and have had no problems.

I pushed them up to compensate for extra leafs in the back..
which ties into your camper question:

Suspension:
You may need more leafs (or helpers, but good luck
on finding listings) to carry a 3/4 ton-type load.  The front
may not be stiff enough, but probably OK.

Drivetrain:
You just have a Dana 44 (not a 60), but if you're not
putting on zillions of miles it should be OK.  The rest
of it could pull a train.

Brakes:
You get less brakes with the 3/4 ton..mine seems
to have decent stopping power.  You can get discs
from a '73 (and maybe '72) Travelall.

..but all
these remarks are IH-to-IH, an IH 1/2 can do most of
what a Chevy/Ford 3/4 can.

What is the actual weight?  IH specs are really
conservative.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**
'67 1000B step-side p/up  BG241 + 4spd
**Parts (future projects?)**
'72 1010 T'all  392 at, '67 1000B T'all 266 3sp, '68 1100C 4X4 T'all 345 at