Re: Brake hoses

>Digesters,
>Can anyone give me the numbers for  4" front longer brake hoses that will
fit my
>Scout? If needed I will change my calipers to the Ford/Gm? with the different
>fittings. I would rather get hoses made for a different truck localy, than
order
>ones through a spring manufacturer.

There are some parts listed on my FAQ on the subject
(http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout/faq)..

Nothing "bolts in" at the moment... unless you get custom 'lines from
someone (Jim Maulis comes to mind)

I have a part number *somewhere* around my desk at home for a 10"
*extension* to install in-line with the stock hoses... I need to get that
dug up, and order some new stock lines and the extension for my '77.

The Ford brake route is a promising one.. off-the-shelf calipers, off the
shelf lines, longer than stock....

But there's been some discussion about the smaller capacity calipers used in
the Ford calipers.  (that is, less displacement of fluid).. and the pros and
cons of that issue.

YMMV.

-Tom