100/1000/1010 IFS, 4x conversion

>BTW, we concluded that the 100 IFS series is NOT like the
>1000/1010 IFS... you don't need an entire frame, just unbolt the
>stuff you've got and bolt in axle(s)/springs/xfer case/driveshafts like
with any
>solid axle 2wd truck.

Isn't a 100 a coil spring suspension that is bolted to the same frame as a
150 and 200?  And a 1000/1010 is the torsion bar, which has a different
frame?

>I bet Alan is laughing at the "just bolt in" part.  A weekend or so, eh?
;>

Hey, if everything were ready...it COULD be done.  I just an kind of
Landryesque when I'm putting new parts on my truck.  The only
things that were not bolt on was the exhaust changes, modification of
the 2 wheel drive center bearing crossmember, and if you do it,
swapping to the shorter 4x4 springs.  But, I'd recommend taking
longer than a weekend...

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup