Re: Scout work..

Tom:

> Going from 29" tires to 33s just makes the toe-out worse.
>
> What was the end result of our thread a while back about Stegman's home
> alignment... where do you measure the 1/16" toe-in.  1/16" at the edges
of a
> 29" tire could be 1/4" at the ends of a 33" tire... which is correct
then?
> 1/16" at 29", or 1/16" at 33"?

I recently read an article that covered this. The general idea put forth
was "don't worry about it. It isn't going to matter enough to worry about."
The differnce between 29" and 33" tires isn't going to be as much as you
think. Besides, your supposed to measure the tires at a height eqal to the
center, which you can't always do anyway. Again, the difference is not that
great.

I beleive Stegmann mentioned that 1/16" toe in was from the days of bias
ply tires and that modern radials would do better wih 0" toe in anyway.

Tom H.