Radiator shop

A little while ago I put the fan through one of the tubes in the radiator.
The local shop also found the seam leak described and a really bad tube at
the bottom. They repaired the blade cut, seam and bypassed the bottom tube.
Cost $20. I know the owner pretty well, but was still surprised at the
price. I was expecting it to be more. Don't know how well this number
translates out of the area. They also have really cool little torches
(acetelene? propane?) for soldering. Fire + Matt, bad idea. I started enough
fires MIG welding the floors in :)

I took the radiator itself in, but looks like most vehicles limp or are
towed in. Probably costs less if you remove and replace.

Tom Mandera writes:

>So Dan... do you usually yank the radiator, put a spare in, and take the
>busted one to the rad shop, or do they do it in the truck?  (I'm guessing
not)

>What's the $$$ damage usually?

       *  *             It's:           "SPLAT - MY CAT!"
     -//-//-_
   +>\        --__      Slower than a speeding Scout II.  Much slower.
   +>/       _------__  Mortally slower, one might say. Rest in Pieces.
     -\\-\\--
       *  *             Save the whales.  Collect the whole set.