Re: Tom illustrating my point

John Hofstetter wrote:

> >Not machined, then cry-tempered?
> >Dennis Millward
>
> No, Dennis, my theory is that the cryo-tempering relieves the stress in
> the casting, and in case the rotor changes shape a little, as we can more
> easily picture thinking of heat, then I want the machining done
> afterwards on the now more stress free casting.
>
> Just a theory, but the way that I want to do it.
> John H.
>
> John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
> "Perhaps more to remember than ever really happened"
> Life Member, National Rifle Ass.     California Rifle and Pistol Ass.
> Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group and MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
> Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
> Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
> Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"

I may be reading too much into this, but I think this is akin to Dennis'
"Pining in the Scoutlands" in reference to problems with women ("pining"
as in "longing for"), which everyone automatically thought was a typo
for "Scoutin' the Pinelands." In this instance, I think he is trying to
say that if some parts were not machined, we would be crying about their
performance, thus "CRY- tempered."  Of course, I once again reiterate, I
have no claim on Dennis' mental powers, and maybe he was making a
serious observation that somehow escapes me!  If this is the case,
please forgive me and my overeagerness to find a pun/double-entendre' in
everything!

Michael