Re: 727 rebuild

In a brilliant stroke of genius, rikofwa@domain.elided (RIK D DESJARDIN) blurted
out:

>rebuild is easy take thing out replace a few things and put things back.
>Replacing some of the bushingd(if they need to be) can be difficult.
>Removing them is easy putting new bushings in without the right tools is
>the biggest challenge.  Considered getting remanufactured torque
>converter?

Can I ask a silly question to everyone?

What's to wear out in a torque convertor?  I mean, isn't is just two set of
fins (one inside the other) and a maybe needle bearing, right?  So why
would you want to replace one... unless maybe you dropped it and crack it?

I could see if the thing was howling or something.

And lastly, I thought I read here on the Digest in the past couple of years
that IH flex plates and torque convertors used with the TF727 are no longer
available new.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       | TEENAGERS: Tired of being harassed by
Conservative Libertarian         |            your stupid parents?
Life Member of the NRA           |
WA Arms Collectors               |                ACT NOW!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    | Move out, get a job, and pay your own
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | bills while you still know everything!