Need Dual batts, another use for a Warn FF kit

Somewhere around -10 in Montana today.. I went out to start the Scout (in
my Carhart Arctic coveralls n' everything!) a while ago.. first few tries
on the key and all it did was click.  Try it a few more times and it
finally kicked over properly.. I'm thinking the motor and starter were
AWFULLY cold (it *was* sitting right in the wind).. but it fired up.
(note: always push the clutch in under such conditions...)

I let the clutch out with the trans in Neutral and heard loud gear whines
and the motor started bogging down!  Cold, eh?

Since I hadn't taken my shower yet, I was going to let 'er warm up a
bit.. I put the transfer case into Neutral (good lucking finding
neutral.. there are not "detents" at this temperature.. it's hard to push
the stick.  Period.) and stuck the transmission into 3rd to let things
spin and warm up..

Which brought me to thinking.. with a FF kit, you could unlock the front
and rear hubs, put it into 4-lo, 3rd gear (on a 4spd) and get everythign
but the wheel bearings lubed up and ready to go..

Also got me to thinking about my battery.. it's not weak, but that
"click" and nothing at *all* concerns me.. it's a DieHard of unknown
vintage but it's been working great since I swapped it in from one of my
Luvs this summer.. I have another Exide 850CCA in the garage I've been
meanging to add in as a secondary "one of these days"..

Would this be a good case for putting two batteries in parallel to double
the amperage to make that starter turn the motor over no matter how cold
it is.  Or, is this a better argument for a Mean Green like we've been
discussing?  :-)

Oh well.. truck's warmed up, and I have a company Christmas party to go
to.. too bad no one from TRW-Automotive will be here.. (still asking
about that "employee discount" thing.. do I get one?  How do I take
advantage of it?  I need ball joints and an engine kit and...)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout