Original Hippie tree huggers post?

Hey, being perhaps the senior "Hippie Tree Hugger" on the digest, I
would love to see the original post that had to do with this.  From
reading some of the replies, I can assume what statistics are championed
in the original, but would love to see it and give you my take on it!
Come on, guys!  Don't leave me "out of the loop" on this!

Peace and Love!  (Okay, okay!  Maybe I am not the role model for this
slogan-ask me what I did to the guy that mouthed off to me at my bar
last week!)

Michael