Spring over / cross over steering

The way to set up cross over steering on a Scout with spring over is a
follows.
Use right and left knuckles from a full size Jeep/Chevy / GM or Dodge.
A special steering arm for the Passenger side knuckle is available from Tri-
County Gear from Pomona Calif.    (909) 623-3373  Talk to Brian.  The knuckle
and steering are can also be purchase through them.
Use spindles from a Scout II Dana 30  (Six mounting bolts).
Use the GM/Jeep calipers and brackets
Use  Scout II Hubs and rotors.
You will have to fabricate a new drag link and tie rod.
This is the way I have setup my 800, which has a Scout II front end.  The tie
rod is in stock location and the drag link is parallel to the tie rod.
The truck was displayed at the Nationals in Ohio last year.  There were a lot
of inquires as to the steering because the set up looked like it was done with
factory parts.

Joe Papero (Scouts West)
RevJoeP@domain.elided