Help Guys

Gosh, it has been a while ...seems like work (income producing) takes
all my time.  How did life get this way anyway?  What fork in the
road that I unknowingly stumbled onto lead me astray?

I am thinking of a road trip.  Got a friend with a rotten Scout2.  I
have convinced her to scour SW US seeking a rust free replacement.
Her SO wants her to go out and buy a Durango, assuming a pile of
debt.  I think she can find a rust free driving body somewhere for a
few thousand.  My question.  Would a decent Scout2 be suitable for a
road trip across most of this country, say, from CA/AZ to IN?  Could
I maintain decent highway speed?  Would one arrive deaf and all bent
out of shape after 2000 miles within several days time in a Scout2?
I guess I could get a vehicle shipped, but we do have to go look at
the vehicle and the additional expense of shipping would make the
Scout2 less desireable relative to other offerings.   Mark