V392E PCV Hose Routing

Reapers,

The V304 and V345 engines have only one valve cover which is equipped with
the little spark arrestor (the driver's side if memory serves me right).
The passenger side valve cover doesn't have one.  This single spark
arrestor is connected via a hose to the air cleaner so that fresh air can
be drawn into the crankcase.

A V392 has the spark arrestor in both valve covers so that fresh air can be
drawn in on both sides of the engine.

Can someone tell me how IH connected the two spark arrestors on the V392 to
the air cleaner?  Having never seen this configuration before, I'm not sure
if they used a "T" fitting prior to the air cleaner, or did the air cleaner
have two hose connections?

Any help is appreciated.  I'm in the final stages of finishing the
assembling of my wrecking yard 392 rebuild and would like to know what the
stock configuration of the PCV system was.  If it matters, this engine was
out of a '72 1110 2wd pickup.

Thanks,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must never
Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the destruction
WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J. Clinton
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of CT