RE: overdrive and extra low

Epp asked:
>Where would I find one of these?  You said yours was on a Wagoneer, what
year was it?  Any extra info would be appriciated!<

Epp,

  I've seen them at swap meets.  I got mine from the original owner, he was
parting out his wrecked Wagoneer.  Maybe mid '70's, I'm not sure.  This
wasn't a Jeep factory item, just an aftermarket unit that the dealer would
install as an option.

  The only identification on mine is a "W" with a circle around it in the
main casting.  I was told that referred to the Warner part of Borg-Warner.
Before I bought this I  called  Valley Gear in Seattle and they seemed to
be familiar with these.

  You might try some of the vendors.  Mr Scout, 541-688-3232, (Mike) told
me he sells them for around $450 when he has them.  A Jeep guy I see every
year at a big 4x4 swap meet had a couple.  That meet is sometime in early
March, if he's there this year, I'll get phone numbers, etc.

Doug