Re: Valentines

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Daniel Nees wrote:

> AMEN Brother!
>    Although, if you are like Michael Shaw and myself, it probably
> wouldn't do to skip Valentines day for an engine, huh?

I take my wife to White Castle Hamburgers on V-day.

Anyone out there know about WC hamburgers.  Best on the planet. But... not
exactly fancy. WC's run to porcelin and stainless steel.

Anyway a few years ago some of the kids in one of the WC's in the area
decided to be silly.  They rented Tux's and the girls dressed in their old
formals.  They got white tablecloths, killed the fluorescents in the table
area, put out flowers, came to the tables to take orders, and even got one
of the kids from the high school band to be a strolling violinist. Well
the community response was a line out the door and down the street.  Now
most of the WC's in the area do it.  Lots of fun and seriously not much
money.

You should see the look on folks faces when I tell them where I take my
wife on V-day.  'Course we go somewhere nice soon before or after.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776