re: U-bolt Skid plates

Rob C wrote:
>OK,
> After seeing the results of Joe's snapped bolt and my jarring stop on a
>rock against my U-bolt plate all at Paragon, I want to put on some kind
>of protection.
>
> Who makes these if anybody, and who has had experiences (good &
>bad)with them? I plan on putting in new U bolts at the same time. Any

>suggestions?

Rob,

I bought a set of recessed plates from Scout M.A.D. ness. I love all of them except the passenger front. Because of the diff, I had to use 1/2" u-bolt on the inboard side and the un-gusseted (is that a word) thing bent while trying to torque it down. We'll see how it holds up. The other 3 are top drawer, and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Just MHO, YMMV,

/////
( / \ )
( O O )