No Subject

When I was shopping for my Scount, my wife was always thinking of reasons
for my NOT to purchase one.

I was able to pickup a '74 this week. Runs ok, needs some TLC.

What sold her on it was when we were planning on increasing the deck on the
back of the house.  Since it's not on ground level, but 13' up in the air,
we needed some serious lumber. When she realized how much that thing will
carry, she was happy. Lumber, rocks, gardening stuff, you name it. Ever try
to carry 300# of gravel in a Dodge Daytona? ;-) Looks like this thing will
keep me busy in projects all summer. :-P

She didn't want an SUV ("too trendy" "too expensive" "insurance is too
high"), nor a truck (no room for a baby seat). The Scout should fit all our
needs fine. Don't think she'll drive it anytime soon (she barely clears 5'),
but when summer rolls around...and the top comes off....she'll be hooked.

She doesn't know that the roof pops off, and I won't tell her. Figure that
if she ever complains about it, I'll use that to warm her over. :-)

One question....convertible tops...are they a pain to install? I thought
also of rigging up a bikini top to keep the front dry....

Off to the salt mines....

-rick