Re:Starter heat shields

For Mac and anybody else that doesn't have the option of building something to
work, I've seen starter heat shields in Summit Racing catalogs to fit the GM
starter. Of course they are meant to be used on Chebbys with headers, but no
reason they wouldn't work on an IH just fine. They also sell a 'starter
blanket' of alumininzed heat resistant material to wrap around the starter,
it's then secured with a metal tie. Summit and Jeg's both have online sites,
and I don't think the heat shields are that expensive. I also think they would
probably be better than the stock IH version, which seems to be mainly
oriented to protecting the solenoid. The aftermarket units would help the
entire starter stay cooler.
Dennis