Trailer Remedy from JoelB

okay, here's what we (Jay and I) did.  Moved the
traveler forward about 20 inches.  Strapped the body
down to the trailer after we had the axles firmly
attached to the trailer.  Now it rides fine, axcept
that the rear springs are absolutely *flat*.

It works fine on the freeway at speed, I just hope not
to have to swerve for anything.  Like I'd swerve
anyway...

So, thanks for the suggestions everyone.  I'm not sure
if the body being fixed solved it, or the tongue
weight, but whatever it was, it's fixed.  It wasn't
too much tongue weight before, because the truck was
about as far back on the trailer as it could be.  Now
the question is:

How does one get a 'scale' for trailer tongue weight,
without having 100lb cube blocks to put in the back of
the truck and measure the ride height?

This trailer was oringally made for a sand rail so it
has a really long distance from the double axle to the
tongue, and not so long in the back.  Anyway, it's
about 24 foot total, and the back half is probably
only 8 feet, so the vehicles typically have to be
staged toward the back of the trailer.  Brakes on the
trailer work great, and the tires are in really good
shape and aired up.

Anyway, I'm on my way in a few hours, so tomorrow
afternoon, I'll probably have an update.

Thanks all,

JoelB