Gas Gage

I again didn't make the situation clear- My tank is solid and almost rust free outside and clean inside. The nipple broke loose from a defective weld - it appears to have been being held with only about 1/4 of the circumference. The "O" ring under the pickup cap was disintegrated and that also could have caused the problem from the gas stains I'm lead toward the nipple but both are fixed now. I worked on the sending unit with limited results but for the sake of economics a full tank showing 1/2 will have to do for now, before it didn't move at all. The JB Weld SHOULD hold as it's on the very top and will be exposed to gas when the tank is completely full and even then only that material that I was able to get around the part of the nipple that goes into the tank- Totally Full conditions don't last long around here. I think it's ready to "go back in" - should be easier completely EMPTY.
Thanks for all the help-
Roger L. Waggener Sr.
"The Crusty Old Codger in the Desert"
Mesa, Arizona